Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Lightning Strike

Sunday afternoon we were all at home. Jake and Ben went outside to move his truck. While I was inside and they were outside I heard the loudest crash. I ran outside to make sure they were okay. I had never heard a lightning strike so loud. When I walked outside I had the feeling that it had hit something. I was surprised that we didn't lose power. We came inside and walked back out a few minutes later and we could see ashes falling from the sky. As we looked in the vacant wooded lot next door we could see a fire. I called 911 and Jake went in there with some water to take it down.

The boys were scared but also ecstatic about having a firetruck show up at the house! Ben was in heaven! The firefighter was going to let him hold the hose but he was a little too shy.









No comments:

Post a Comment